Photographs - Cliffe History

Cliffe History
Search
Go to content

Main menu:


Cliffe Village Photograpths
&
Images
Church Street, Cliffe
Reed Street looking west
Cliffe-At-Hoo Co-Operative which once stood between the site of the Evening Star and the Quickrells Farm
Outside Cliffe Co-op
Saunders Store in Reed Street
Cliffe High Street (now Church Street)
Wharf Lane c. 1900
Bentleys in The High Street
Elford's, the butchers, in High Street/Church Street next door to The Six Bells .
Pond Hill, looking towards the marshes.
Norwood Corner, looking towards Cooling.
Outside The Victory (Victoria Inn) Church Street.
Cranes, the butchers, St Georges Terrace, Church Street - situated where the Cliffe Surgery now stands.
The Merryboys pub
Milk delivery
Junction of Reed Street and Church Street.
Rye Street - prior to the Stirling bomber disaster of 1942.  
St Helen's Pond
The Thorndike family, owners of the Victory/Victoria Inn of Cliffe, photographed 1918.
Church Street/High Street Cliffe showing W. J. Thorndike standing by the Six Bells pub.
Thomas Charles Crane Senior at Allens Farm c. 1900.
The Canal Tavern.
Drawing of The Six Bells pub prior to its rebuilding.
Cliffe School, beside St. Helen's Church
Cliffe Fire Brigade c. 1904.
Cliffe Fire Brigade during WWI.
Manor Farm -  after the fire
Reed Street
Cliffe Station 1904
Cliffe Station - 1972
Cliffe Station, postmarked 1912
Reed Street looking west
Train leaving Cliffe Station - 1953
Last Allhallows passenger train service leaving Cliffe
Cliffe Fort Gunners of the Royal Artillery on parade c. 1925
Part of the wallpaintings in St Helen's Church showing the martydom of England's original patron saint, St Edmund.
The remains of the Brennan Torpedo tracks at Cliffe Fort
Cliffe War Memorial
Cliffe Church of St. Helen's 1902
The Cliffe Paten
Cliffe aerial view 1925
Cliffe 1947 - part of the RAF set of aerial views across the country
 
© 1993 - 2015 - Cliffe History
Back to content | Back to main menu